Sunday 11 November 2012

Choice - day 1

It started me thinking yesterday.  We went to the Bickerton Poacher for lunch with Rich and Fee for a pre wedding lunch. We were presented with the menu AND a Pie menu.  A quick  look at the pie menu , already overloaded the senses . I could have had 4 or 5 of them. So I didn't even look at the other menu. Why would you - then you would be missing out on 20 or so possible meals instead of just the 4 rejected pies. 

And of course if you do make the wrong choice and have a slightly disappointing 'pie' then the what ifs kick in.

Which brings me to Emirates. Haven't flown with them for 4 years. In my day you had 4 or 5 movies. Ang and I eagerly looked for the list this time and ' choice overload'...  You could pick any 1 of 60 current movies, hundreds of classic films plus whole sets of tvs shows - box sets of whole shows plus albums , games.  Bonkers

I love living in the world of choice and feel very grateful that I am one of those who can make choices. But if its gone exponential in the last 4 years what next...  Thoughts on a postcard - probably a good MBA project for you Matt.

Oh and 'Three Men and a Baby' isn't an Emirates classic Shell!

And neither is 'Under Siege 2' Pete!

Anyway bumpily and safely arrived in Dubai

Onwards

1 comment:

  1. I hope you used the mind carousel of choice!
    How's it going since you left its been 13-15 degrees tropical

    ReplyDelete